This year at the Saskatchewan Sport Awards, Team Sask Alumni shined bright!
For the first time since 2019, supporters from Saskatchewan and across Canada gathered in person to celebrate the finalists and recipients of the 2022 Saskatchewan Sport Awards. The annual award program celebrate the outstanding achievements of individuals in the province’s amateur sport community through two categories – Excellence Awards and Recognition Awards. The Excellence Awards celebrate outstanding event performances or a series of performances by a Saskatchewan athlete, coach or team within a given calendar year, while the Recognition Awards include the Volunteer and Coach Dedication Awards, as well as the Inspire Through Sport Award, all which honour individuals who have devoted their time and effort to the growth of sport in Saskatchewan.
The awards celebrate the success and dedication of athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteers in the province’s amateur sport community. Congratulations to all the 2022 Saskatchewan Sport Awards Recipients! The following are Team Sask Alumni:
- Female Athlete of the Year: Emily Clark (Saskatoon, Hockey)
- Male Athlete of the Year: Mark McMorris (Regina, Snowboard)
- Youth Female Athlete of the Year: Teah Chavez (Regina, Tennis)
- Youth Male Athlete of the Year: Keegan Rice (Regina, Tennis)
- Team of the Year: Team Sask Men's Volleyball Team for Niagara Canada Summer Games (Volleyball)
- & 7. Coach Dedication Award: Tracy Hazen (Saskatoon, Volleyball) and Doug Sylvester (North Battleford, Biathlon)
For more information, please read the alumni's nominations and stories found here.